Pick A Brick is an online store that specialize in selling Lego products and accessories. We are pleased to have an interesting interview with Stanley Ng, the founder of Pick A Brick to share on his insights and stories in running his own business.
1. What ignited the spark in you to start a new business venture?
I love to play LEGO bricks especially LEGO Castle theme. I always look for opportunity to sell off my extra bricks/ sets online to earn some extra pocket money.
2. How did you get the idea/concept for your business?
The extra LEGO brick pieces might not useful to me, however it is a masterpiece gem to other AFOL (Adult Fans Of LEGO) for their MOC (My Own Creation).
3. What’s the most difficult/challenging thing about running your own business?
When customer send in request for specific bricks piece that they need and I need to source it with minimum resources.
4. What are some of the biggest mistake you’ve done and what did you learn from that?
The biggest mistake I’ve make is that I did not gather all my customers information in systematic way. So it is quite hard and time consuming for me to deliver any message like promotion news to my customers.
5. What are the most crucial things you have done to grow your business?
Gathered all my customers information in systematic way, deliver message via email marketing improve my conversion rate from prospect to customer. The best part is sending an email promotion to customer is free. Call or message your customer surely will increase your repeat customers too.
6. How has EasyParcel assisted you in your business?
Courier service issue play an very important role if you are selling tangible product no matter online or in bricks and mortal shop. Easy Parcel has gave me hassle free, more efficient, more reliable, very convenient everything is built in software if compare to my previous courier company that I used. Beside that the rate that given by Easy Parcel is very attractive.
7. Where do you see yourself and your business in the next 10 years?
To build a strong foundation and provide excellent customer service in order to satisfy more people.
8. How has being an entrepreneur affected your family life?
Spare more free time to spend with family.
9. In your opinion, what are the top three skills needed to be a successful entrepreneur?
Never stop learning, accept new idea and concept, fast decision maker and dare to fail.
10. What would you recommend to the others who are starting their own businesses?
Attend more seminar, expand your network, learn from successful people in your same niche so that you can well equip yourself to achieve higher level.
We hope this will be a beneficial read especially to those who are likely to start their own online business in the future. EasyParcel sincerely wishes you all the best in your future endeavors.
If you are a huge fan of Lego, make sure you check out on Pick A Brick for your favourite Lego pieces. Also don’t forget to entitled yourself for FREE RM25 credits upon registration through EasyParcel!