Cheaper.my is an online store that sells variety of products in manufacturer’s prices. Not only for buyers, for those who intend to sell products online, this could also be a good platform for you to source your favorite products in much lower price than outside. How Cheaper.my do that? Hereby we are proud to have the founder, Mr Bryan Ling to share on his experiences and thoughts in running his own business.
1. What ignited the spark in you to start a new business venture?
I found most of the local online sellers are purchase stock from overseas distributor, If I can overcome the difficulty and complication on purchasing directly from manufacturer to local, there is a huge market.
2. How did you get the idea/concept for your business?
Learning the skill and technique from overseas sellers, analyse the mistake from local sellers.
3. What’s the most difficult/challenging thing about running your own business?
Employee management is the most challenging part, some of the issues may out of our ability and control.
4. What are some of the biggest mistake you’ve done and what did you learn from that?
Well-prepared may avoid most of the serious mistakes, however I have made a lot of tiny mistakes in my past, I had learned how to not let it happen again.
5. What are the most crucial things you have done to grow your business?
Sharing and caring, share the most profit with your customer, care and listen to your employee.
6. How has EasyParcel assisted you in your business?
Our team could save half of the time compare to conventional procedure, the most obvious parts are printing orders and searching order history, we had more time to improve other parts in our business.
7. Where do you see yourself and your business in the next 10 years?
In the next 3 years move from shop to factory, and the coming years establish warehouse at all states in Malaysia.
8. How has being an entrepreneur affected your family life?
I spend most of the time on my business, for the reason that I have to stop wasting time on meaningless activities, and therefore I can treasure the quality time with my family.
9. In your opinion, what are the top three skills needed to be a successful entrepreneur?
Innovation, Strategy and Focus.
10. What would you recommend to the others who are starting their own businesses?
Do not follow the conventional way, stick to the trend with your own idea.
We hope this might give you some thoughts and ideas on how it is like to start an online business. It won’t be an easy journey but we believe that persistence conquer everything. EasyParcel sincere wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
Thinking to sell products online? Do make sure you check out on Cheaper.my to look for best wholesale price in town! Also don’t forget to sign up now to entitle yourself for FREE RM25 EasyParcel credit upon registration.